Sunday, April 15, 2012

Become like family to me











Hi

This Easter was fun. We went on splits in Oulu which is on the west side of Finland. And I went with my good mtc friend Vanhin Carr. I keep thinking back about how lucky I was in the MTC to have such a cool group. They really have become like family to me. We had a good splits. For one of the families we brought Easter eggs and had a Easter egg hunt. It was so funny because their family was super young but the exact same size as ours. They even had 4 girls and 2 boys. We were cracking up watching them all run around looking for the eggs. The younger ones kept tripping in the snow because they were so excited. And it was good to see the nice older siblings helping the younger ones so that everyone could find an egg.

We got back from the 6 train and then the next day went down to Helsinki for a meeting. It was really good and I saw a bunch of good mission buddies. As I am getting older in the mission I’m starting to get to more and more people and so the big meetings with everyone just keep getting more and more fun. There are so many great people I have met and that has been one of the greatest benefits of being on a mission. It gets sad when the older ones go home because it really starts to feel like one big family. It’s really sweet. The meeting was really good and we learned a lot about teaching which we are pumped to do this week.

Love you all. Stay cool and have fun and stuff.

Vanhin Merkley

No comments:

Post a Comment