Sunday, September 4, 2011

Going eteenpain







I was able to watch the family videos. They were great. Family life really is the good life. I have been realizing more and more all of the things I have to be thankful for... The family I would say is the biggest thing. Being away from family really helps you understand how much you love your family. So, I am just thankful that you are all well and happy and I want you to know that I am doing good too. Sometimes I almost feel bad that people are worrying about me because 1. Finland is ridiculously safe 2. Missionary work (although tiring) is actually pretty fun. For example, yesterday we taught this guy on the sweetest little island ever and the sun was setting and I remember thinking: I wish my family could see how good I have it right now...

Our baptismal date Nailia is going strong to be baptized this Saturday. She was in church and is progressing well. I want to take a picture of her baby because she is super cute. We are trying to teach a few families but families (as I am fully aware) have crazy schedules and so it has been tricky to meet with them. We have some really good potential here though and the work is going eteenpƤin (which means forward but I am absolutely sure it is spelled wrong)

I was sick this week. I was really nauseous and would throw up if I moved around to much. So I pretty much laid in bed all day and slept. Which, although I had fantasized about sleeping in many times on my mission, was actually really boring and sucky. I felt bad for Elder Gamblin who, being my devoted companion, also had to stay inside. But he was a good sport about it and made me soup which was really cool of him. I think that I got sick because the day before I ate broccoli and forgot to wash it. Ooops... And I remembered AFTER that my companion said: "make sure to wash this, I saw 2 bugs crawling around" Stupid broccoli. Nobody likes that vegetable anyways. But my sickness could also have been related to the fact that I have been trying to be a vegetarian for the last two weeks ("trying" because I eat meat at dinner appointments. I don’t want to have to turn into "that annoying guy who asks for something different at the dinner table") Is it possible that I got nauseous because of my vegetarian diet? Now some of you may be asking the question: Why have I chosen to be vegetarian? And they answer is: I don’t know. There are a lot of little answers, rolled together. And its not a permanent thing, I’m just trying it out to see how it goes.

Thats about all. Let me know how everything is going. Stay safe. I love you all and whatnot. --Vanhin John

No comments:

Post a Comment