Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Luque Stake Conference​= best day ever

Monday, August 29, 2011
Hello to all!
Another great week. things are just flying by here, I am loving my new area in Aregua A. Elder Patterson and I are doing fantastic together, teaching SO many lessons. Like I said last week, I sure have a great testimony of hard work and good animo. All is well.
We are teaching a lot of people right now. Our zone has a goal of 4 baptisms for each companionship in the zone for September. It is a pretty big goal, but we are working hard to achieve it. We are teaching a man named Hugo, who the missionaries have been teaching for months, but has always been really scared to be baptized. We had a really spiritual lesson on the Restoration, and he is getting baptized this Sat.!!! I am really excited, he is a great guy and has a ton of support. Its always a blessing to see the changes in people and their desires to follow the Savior by being baptized.
On Sat. night, we had to go into Luque as a zone for a meeting with a guy in the Stake to talk about missionary work. While we were waiting there, I look up and see Christian walk in! It was soooo awesome to talk to him, he was there for the stake priesthood thing, and showed up a little early. He is great. Then, a few minutes later, Cristhian walks in...double bonus. So I got to talk to them for a few minutes, and they are doing great! Christian (the 20 year old one) has been going to institute, stake choir, going out on divisions with the missionaries, and even missionary prep, he is working hard to get ready to go on a mission. Cristhian is doing great, also doing visits with the missionaries,and him and Nelida are feeding the missionaries on Sundays!
Then on Sunday, we went to Stake Conference. I was welcomed there by tons of great friends from Bella Vista, my old area (we are in the same stake). It was so cool. No offense at all to my home ward in Utah, cuz I love them, but I felt like I was going "back home" to my home ward there. I was there for so long, and gained so many friendships. In stake conf., both Cristhian and Christian were sustained to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood, and they stood up in front of the 1000plus people. Pres. y Hna. Madariaga both talked, along with other stake leaders. Then after the conference, I was able to participate in both of them receiving the Melchizedek Priesthood in a little room in the stake center, even in the circle when Christian. I was hit with an overwhelming feeling of joy, gratitude, and love. I remember how great it felt when they were baptized, but all that magnified by a million seeing them receive the priesthood. I cant even imagine how great it will be when they all enter into the temple. They are some of the most incredible people I will ever know in my life, and I can't explain my gratitude for being able to see those changes made in their lives.
I am so thankful for the restored gospel in my life. I am thankful that the priesthood keys were restored through Joseph Smith to bless us and to help us receive saving ordinances, which are possible only through the priesthood. It was an awesome week, its been cool to look back and see the great things that have already happened in the mission. And, to be honest, it just keeps getting better and better. Love you guys at home! Keep me and the people here in your prayers.
Until next week,
Elder Babcock
ps. happy bday ash!

No comments:

Post a Comment