Monday, September 12, 2011

Hugos Baptism, Pres. Arnold recap

Hello to all!

I can honestly say this week had a bunch of ups and downs, but I really liked the week. First things first, WE HAD A BAPTISM! Hugo was baptized on Saturday night. He had been investigating the church for a really long time. He chose me to baptize him, and it was a cool reminder of how awesome it is to be able to do it. It had a good turnout, this ward is amazing. Yesterday he was confirmed a member, and we will be working this week to prepare him for the Aaronic Priesthood.
The main event, besides the baptism, this week was Zone Conference. Like I mentioned before, Pres. Arnold of the Seventy came, and to be honest the whole mission was nervous, because the last time he came, he wasn't too happy. We went into Asuncion on Wed. morning, and started the conference. His wife talked on obedience, and gave us all rulers, which is Spanish it means "regla" along with rules in Spanish means "regla". She gave us rulers that say "Reglas nos ayudan", a pun in Spanish. Hna. Madariaga talked about loving the people we teach. The conference focused a lot on planning, working with members, etc.
The highlight was at the end, Pres. Arnold bore his testimony at the end, and started crying completely. He is a VERY emotional man, and got really emotional when he started to talk about the Atonement. He repeated a few times, talking about the Garden of Gethsemane, "that is something VERY personal for me". He explained about Christ´s Atonement, and that he sweat "very large drops of blood". It was one of the most spiritual moments of my life, I don't know if I have felt the Spirit like that before in my entire life, in the form that was felt during his testimony. I know that he has been called of God, along with Pres. Madariaga, and all the leaders of the church, up to Pres. Monson. I know that the true church is on the earth today, and that I belong to it. I have no doubt of that, it isn't even a faith or a belief, its developed into a concrete fact. I know that because I have read the Book of Mormon, and prayed to know it. I challenge all of you to do the same.
Things are going great. Even though our Sunday was frustrating, everyone lied to us and none of our investigators came to church, even though on Saturday night we had at least 4 that said they were going no matter what. The mission is hard at times, but all is well. Thanks for the letters and support. Love you guys.
Until next week,

Elder Babcock.

No comments:

Post a Comment