Sunday, August 5, 2012

Owner of My Effort

Hello to all!
Wow, I am very short on email time so I will be quick and to the point.
This last week was pretty great. Elder Andreasen and I wrote a sweet duet of "I Hope They Call Me On A Mission/I Want To Be A Missionary Now", all nice and jazzy, and we were able to perform it at a District Meeting to try to spark some excitement in their district. It was awesome. My companion is beyond good and so I just play some cool things up high on the piano.
I was able to do a division with Elder Wheatley in his area. It was so exciting to be with him. He is a great missionary. We went to visit one of their investigators that they had been teaching for a while, and we had a really spiritual lesson with her, in which we read in Alma 32 and 34. I have been praying really hard for her, and hope that she can make the right decision, and be baptized in July.
I also was able to do again a "40 day fast" of behaviors that distract from the spirit, and when I started it (last Tuesday), I felt a new power come into my teaching. It felt great to feel such a strong Spirit in the lessons. I am hoping to only improve.
We had Zone Leader Council today, it was great. I learned many new things on finding new investigators, and giving more effort. A great quote of President Madariaga was "We aren't the owners of success, but we are the owners of our efforts." Sometimes in the mission, it gets frustrating when things don't go as planned. I cannot complain, my mission has been full of huge blessings of success, but it is true. The Lord is in charge of success, not us. We are, however, 100% in charge of effort. I have decided to put an extra emphasis on my effort, and leave it all on the table. I love the mission.
Sorry so short, remember us in your prayers!
Until next week,
Elder Babcock

No comments:

Post a Comment