Saturday, August 25, 2012

Do you believe in miracles?

Hello to all!
Last week was transfer week, always scary. So we were waiting for the phone call to get changes from the Assistants, and they said all the changes, then did mine last. He goes, "alright, your mission is about to change forever." I was pretty nervous, of course. Then, he says, "I am only going to tell you once, and I promise I am not lying...You are going to _____ with Elder Colligan." I just about died! Lets just say I did scream...pretty loud haha. I felt like when the US Hockey Team beat Russia and the announcer says "DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES!" So ya, we are totally companions right now. I will get back to there.

I said my goodbyes to my very, very special area, and to one of my best friends/examples Elder Andreasen. It was sad to say goodbyes to all the great people I had been about to teach.
Since I don't need to say much about my new companion, because the majority of you guys know him, I will explain a little bit about my area.  It is a small city, well populated, very different. Everyone here speaks GuaranĂ­, few speak Spanish, so Elder Colligan and I are dedicating to GuaranĂ­. It has been tough but cool. We are in a good sized branch, the chapel is huge. It was great to come in at this time, we are teaching many great investigators.
I love the mission. It is so full of excitement, experiences, changes, love, faith, Spirit, power, and more than anything, miracles! I know that as we live worthy of the Lords blessings, He blesses us with miracles. They can be big like Elder Colligan and I being companions, etc. They are mostly always small, like seeing humble people learn to pray, helping young investigators feel comfortable at church, not messing up too much playing the piano in sacrament meeting, etc. I know that God is a God of miracles, and I can only imagine the joy He feels when He blesses us with them!
Love you all! Pray for us here.
Until next week,
Elder Babcock

No comments:

Post a Comment