Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Bella Vista: Round 4...its gunna be a long one

Monday, May 30, 2011

Hello to all!
We got the news last P-day about changes, and I found out that I am staying in Bella Vista A, and Elder Olson was leaving to Aratiri. Everyone thought I would be leaving, but I was excited to stay. It was sad going around to all our great members and investigators and saying goodbye to them, even though it wasn't me leaving. When it came time for him to leave I was really sad because he has been the only companion I´ve ever had, and we were great companions, but I knew that day would eventually come. I have a new companion from Argentina. I knew who he was because he was in my zone.
We had our first ward party since I´ve been here in Bella Vista, and it was awesome. The party was for mothers day (yes I know a little late haha). There was a bunch of food, skits, singing, and games for all the kids. It was awesome, we have the coolest ward ever. After the party, we had an appointment with a recent convert of the other missionaries, and she made all 4 of us tacos...man I miss good food, it was incredible.
Our investigator Christian went to church again this week, and loved it. He is really excited for his baptism, and says he really wants to serve a mission. He is a great guy and I´m really excited for his future in the church. His original doubt was that he wouldn't know any of the members or have friends there, but after church he was hanging out and talking with all the single adults in our ward, and already fits in. I have a strong testimony of the importance of members in missionary work, and I am so thankful that our ward has been willing to help us. We brought 5 investigators to church this week, one of which was an investigator I had with Elder Olson in my first change. Coincidentally (but not really a coincidence), it was Alberto, the one that the little angel kid I talked about a few months ago led us to. We met with him during the week, and he committed to go to church. It was really cool to see him at church and progressing. I´m excited for the future in our area, we have a few people that are progressing to baptism and active membership.
Its been a somewhat rough week for me, so remember to keep me and my companion in your prayers. I get down on myself at times, but I am so glad to be here. There is nowhere else in the world I´d rather be than here on the mission. Thanks for the messages, thoughts, and prayers.
Until next week,
Elder Babcock

No comments:

Post a Comment