Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Birthday Week, and It's getting cold . . .

Monday May 2, 2011

Hello to all-
Last week I forgot to mention that while I was emailing, I was in Tobati, a city nearby Caacupe. My companion had a convert family there, and they had a daughter pass away and we were able to visit them. It was really sad, but a very spiritual experience to talk to them. Also, it was a beautiful city and is definitely a place I would love to be in one day.
This last week was Jake's Birthday (happy bday!) and also my companions. A few old ladies in our ward through him a party and we all sat around and ate Paraguayan pizza, mandioca (nasty), and some delicious cake. We called it the Relief Society Party, and I took some great pictures that I´ll be sure to send soon.
The weather here is getting really cold, I thought the day would never come. As missionaries, we can't drink mate or terere, but we can drink whats called mate dulce, which is hot milk with sugar, and shredded coconut. Sunday night we went to a members house and I tried some, it was delicious. Its crazy to think that just a few months ago the heat was insane, and now it feels like Utah in November.
I went on a division this week to Amparo, and spent the day with Elder Brammer from Oklahoma. I guess his family knows Uncle Brent. He is an awesome guy and I was able to get to know a new area. We had a lot of success and taught a bunch of great lessons.
This morning was P-day, and I got to go to the Garden Club here near the airport and play tennis on clay courts. It was awesome.
We have a golden investigator right now named Cristian. He is 20 and is a reference from our ward mission leader. He is incredible. We left with him to read 3 Nephi 11 and when we verified the reading he understood it and explained it better than I could have. He already has a testimony of the Book of Mormon, and hopefully he can get to church to be able to be baptized by the end of the change before I leave or my companion. Our area has been tough to baptized and have a lot of success numbers wise. But I know the Spirit is working through us, and I can see the success in other ways. I love my area, my companion, and my Savior. I am so thankful for the opportunity to be here. I wish I could spend more time to share with you all thats going on here, but unfortunately I don't. I am excited for next sunday, and that I get to talk to the family!
Keep praying for me and the people here. Love you guys, and have a great week!
-Elder Babcock

No comments:

Post a Comment