Monday, January 10, 2011

Semana 8...

Monday, January 10, 2011

Hello Family and Friends!

All lot of big news and changes this week and in the weeks to come. Don't know where to start but I'll try!

We received our travel plans on Thursday which was the maybe best news I've received yet in the MTC. They go as follows:
Monday January 17th, 2011
SLC to Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX to Buenos Aires, Argentina
Tuesday, January 18th, 2011
Buenos Aires, Argentina to Asuncion, Paraguay

I cannot wait to get into the field and change lives. And with the long layover in Buenos Aires, I'm hoping to try out my Spanish and communicate with the people there. Also, I've been called as the Travel Leader, so it's my job to make sure everyone makes it there safe. Once again, I cannot stress how excited I am to leave and get to Paraguay. It's going to be the greatest adventure of my life so far, and I cannot wait to experience it first hand!

On the same day, last Thursday, I also received news that Elder Miner and I have been selected, out of all the missionaries in the MTC, to demonstrate "How to Begin Teaching" next Wednesday in front of all the new Elders and Sisters entering the MTC that day. I have never taught a lesson in English, so I don't know what to expect. I'll be honest, I wasn't too excited to receive that news, but I know it will all work out and I can learn a lot from it, if I have a good attitude and rely on the Lord. I'll make sure to let you know how it goes.

Life is great at the MTC. I've made great friendships with many different people, and we've only known each other less than 2 months. I am thankful for my district, zone, and the people I've met, they've made a big impact on my life. On lighter note, we are having a lot of fun back at the rooms with back sack (our hackey sack game) and napkin poetry (which i was chosen as the next "king", which was fun). It's awesome to have such great people, the MTC is a one of a kind place, there's nothing like it anywhere else in the world. I've enjoyed my stay here, but I'm more than ready to get into the field.

TRC this last week was one of the highlights of the MTC experience, maybe even the best. Our teaching scenario was to teach 3 college roommates that all wanted to be baptized, had received all the lessons, and had a testimony of the Book of Mormon/Joseph Smith, but hadn't yet received a testimony of the Law of Tithing. It was the strongest I've felt the Spirit since being here. It went absolutely perfect, we taught our best lesson yet, and even though they were all return missionaries in real life, they realized the blessings of Tithing, and committed to live the commandment post baptism (and one of them knew Ashley).

I've discovered here that I really love teaching the gospel, and seeing the joy that it can bring to every person, every family, in every circumstance. It's helped my people skills, language, and teaching ability in general. I'm so thankful I had the opportunity to be in the new Pilot Program and teach so many times. I'm by no means a great teacher, but I know that I've grown a ton, and will continue to grow in the field and help people. I'm thankful that we "Teach People, Not Lessons' now with the Preach My Gospel system, because I love being able to adapt lessons to the needs of the investigator, and teach them of all the blessings they can have, if they take that leap of faith and have a desire to know the truth.

This will be my last week/email from the MTC and for 2 weeks (because of travel next Monday), so I'd love to hear from everyone one last time before I leave. I'll make sure next email to include my new address in Paraguay and the information there. Thanks for the letters, if you have time I'd love to hear how life is back at home with all of you! Even the smallest notes mean a lot, so thanks for all the love and support that I've felt so far, and continue to feel through prayers. I'm so thankful for my family and friends, I love you all, and miss all of you so much! I wouldn't be here if I didn't know that what I'm doing is right. Please, pray for me and the people of Paraguay.

GRACIAS POR TODAS LAS COSAS QUE USTEDES HACEN! LES AMO!

Con mucho amor,
-Elder Babcock

No comments:

Post a Comment