Friday, January 21, 2011

"I'm on a Mission..."

So this week has definitely been the fastest week in the MTC. I found myself eating temple breakfast, something dear to my heart that I look forward to every week, and thought about what had happened over the last week, and here are a few of those things:

On Sunday I spent some time with Carter after watching a movie, and we talked for a little bit. I'm real blessed to have such great friends, we took some pictures and said our goodbyes. Love the man and know he's going to do great on the mish. Saw him Monday morning about twenty minutes before he left and gave him a hug and I'm sure he is already full of work in Paraguay... It would be fun to hear his e-mails and how he's doing. Wednesday, I was hosting, and knew Elder Merkley was coming in and sure enough it happened. It was super great to see the family, reminded me of home a lot, great to see Johneee here. It was funny i said to him... so how ya doin? and his first comment, and i think the first thought or comment of every missionary was "I'm on a mission" looked kinda shocked then he said..."look what i snuck in... fruit snacks" of course, only Johnee. funny to see how i was the exact same way only five weeks ago. Time has flown, talked with john and he said that he liked his companions, still really hectic, the first three days always are, hopefully that honeymoon stage doesn't ware off with his companions. Got another hair cut, my hair grows super fast, and look forward to hopefully getting my travel plans in a few weeks and hopefully sent off to Mexico a short while after. Hows everyone at home? Jared... call yet? Hows lil Lily doin? I'm sure shes said my name already. thanks for everything.

-Elder Rhodes

No comments:

Post a Comment