Monday, March 21, 2011

Roller Coaster (not literally but emotionally, that would be against the rules)...

Monday, March 21, 2011

Hello to all!
This last week hasn't been the best one so far, I have had a lot of ups and downs physically, spiritually, emotionally, mentally, everything. But I am really excited for this next one, some big events are coming up in the near future that will definitely give me a boost. I have had a lot of great studying this week, best so far in the mission. Every morning I get really excited for my personal, companion, and language study. I have found out tons of great insights that have helped me improve my teaching and listening as a missionary. I have experienced some really personal, touching spiritual moments that have changed my life forever. Its just been a roller coaster ride of emotions this week, really testing me in every way. I have genuinely thought a lot about life in general this week, and the plan of salvation, and why every choice we ever make is important, eternally. I have always grown up in a great family and gone to church, which i am so grateful for. But in these short 4 months out here, my life has been forever altered. I have understood the importance of keeping the commandments, of LIVING the gospel, not just believing it, but actually proving to our Heavenly Father that we love Him through our works, and that we will do everything we can to return to Him. I have understood the importance of missionary work, and spreading His gospel around the world. I learned a new concept about missionary work, and that because we are not perfect, missionary work and service is actually part of our repentance process (James 5:20). Before the mission, I wanted to do whats right and I wanted to serve a mission. I didn't fully understand the importance of church, commandments, sacrament, faith, repentance, etc. But now, I really KNOW without a doubt the purpose of life, and KNOW what I need to do in order to return to His presence. I know that the commandments are what keep us happy, and that at times we will fall. None of us are perfect. But through our Savior, through baptism (through the sacrament for members), and through real changes in thoughts, actions, and desires, we can enjoy life to the fullest, and be FREE, in every essence of the word. At times I get really down on myself because I am not perfect, that I could have done more to be a better example to those around me, and that I cant do it, that life's too hard. But I know that my Redeemer lives, and that's all that matters. All I want to do is serve Him for the rest of my life.
I am eternally thankful for my Savior, Heavenly Father, the Spirit, family, church, mission, friends, companion, everything that I have been given. I have been beyond blessed. I love Paraguay, and the people I get to associate with every day. The mission is hard, but at the same time its really rewarding. Thanks for the messages, keep praying for me and the people here. I love you all and miss you. Best of luck this week, may God bless you.
-Elder Babcock

No comments:

Post a Comment