Monday, October 15, 2012

Hello to all!
Last Monday, as you know, I wrote you from good one of my old areas. At night time, Elder Colligan and I went out with the Elders there and do some visits. I was able to pass by some of my dearest friends. Each one of them was going through a hard time, and the timing of being able to visit them was, in my opinion, divine. It felt great, as if I was going back "home". Each one of the lessons was very spiritual, with big commitments such as missions and temple sealings.
The bus ride home was killer, we got on the bus at 11 PM after a hectic, sweaty day. Then when 1:30 AM hit, the worker in the bus wakes us up and tells us that more people were getting on, and that we would have to stand, so from that time until about 3:30 AM we were standing on a crowded, freezing cold bus. The only thing that kept me motivated was that when we got off, I would be able to get into my comfortable bed and sleep...When we got home, to our surprise, the Elders were there laying in our beds, because they had missed their bus. I cannot even describe how heart broken I was. Lets just say that I am still trying to recover from the loss of sleep. I was even sick all week, so it was tough but I survived.
Well, our eternigator "eternal investigator", after much fasting, prayer, and diligence over the last 15-ish years, is finally getting married this Saturday, and baptized on Sunday morning! She is awesome. Elder Colligan and I have been working really hard with her and her husband, and we are really excited for this weekend.
I got to talk to one of my converts from my first area, who is leaving on his mission to Chile this Thursday! He is really excited and ready. On Tuesday, we are going for a Zone Conference, and I am hoping to meet up with him at the Mission Office to bid him farewell, and give him some things. He is a great guy, and will be an excellent servant of the Lord.
We were walking around in a super poor, far away part of our area, and I felt the Spirit prompt me to talk to a man who was sitting in front of his house, looking unoccupied. We started talking, and he let us sit down. It didn't seem that he understood us very well, due to the fact that he speaks mainly guarani. We taught him about repentance and baptism, and he accepted it well! We went back on Saturday with a member to teach him again, and he committed to go to church. Sunday morning came, and we went by his house to walk with him and his 2 young daughters, and he was there waiting! They loved church, and after church we went by to ask him about it, and he said that he felt very different, and close to God. He said that he loved being able to participate in the classes, something very different about our church. He accepted to be baptized along with his daughter. Elder Colligan and I felt very humbled by how much the Lord is willing to guide us to those who are waiting for us, as long as we follow the promptings of His Holy Spirit. It has given me more desires to talk to EVERYONE, because you never know who is being prepared to receive the gospel.
Love you all! Keep us in your prayers.
Until next week,
Elder Babcock

No comments:

Post a Comment