Sunday, July 8, 2012

New Mission Process - No Street Contacts or Knocking Doors

   Heeeey Family How are ya?
I’m doing pretty great here in Mexico. I have some bad news and some good news...
The bad news is that three months went by like a flash and Elder Fowler heads to Matamoros tomorrow :( How sad. But it’s been pretty great to have been together and we’re stoked for after the mission.
The good news is that Consuelo’s kids were baptized and it went really really well. It surprised us how well it went. They used to be fighty and whiney and shy and all that and we thought it was going to be almost impossible to get them to be baptized, but they have changed and the hermana Consuelo is doing great. By the way Scarlet who got baptized last week stood up and gave the cutest testimony ever. She’s such a cutie. That’s the good news. My new companion is going to be Elder Avila, who was actually in my district when I started in Matamoros. I’m just stoked to be with him. He speaks pretty good English, probably better than mine because I think he’s from like Tijuana and went to high school in the United States.
The mission is going to change kind of a lot in the next few weeks and for the rest of my mission. They started a new rule, (Richard G Scott) that it is strictly prohibited to talk with people in the streets, and it is strictly prohibited to knock doors. I couldn’t believe it when I heard it. I thought if there is not going to be any of that.... What are we going to do? How am I going to get tan in the sun? Naw but really we are only going to work with members and member references. I’ve received like one member reference in these three months so... it’s definitely going to be a change and a triumph if we can do it. I think it’s going to be like a preparation for living in Utah. Pure Less active member activating! I’m excited to keep working. What a blessing it is be here and have such great experiences. Love you guys so much and I’ll try to get some pictures across. Elder Rhodes

No comments:

Post a Comment