Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Going along through flooded streets

Monday, July 25, 2011

Hello to all!
This week there isn't too much to report about. We had a good solid week of work, and nothing too "out of the ordinary". We had a capacitaciĆ³n in Luque on Wednesday, where President Madariaga and his wife came, along with the Assistants. The mission is really focusing on the 8 Fundamental Principles of Preach My Gospel, and we seem to always have these trainings on them. When I heard we were having another one, I was kinda confused because we almost always have them, but this one was really awesome. They focused on being able to apply instead of knowing them. I left the training really excited to get going and working. And once we walked outside of the chapel, the Paraguayan rain came stronger than ever. We were so excited to work, the rain didn't stop us. We were trucking on through the rain and trying to work, all the people thought we were crazy. We went to an investigators house that we had an appointment with, and the water was flooded up to the front steps. I thought it would be pretty awesome to not only clap at the house, but to tread through the ankle deep, flooded front yard and knock on the door. Even though they didn't answer, I felt pretty manly standing on their tiny front porch with nothing but a lake in between the street and front door. haha.
I have really enjoyed speaking Spanish in the mission. Paraguayans speak really badly in comparison to the Spanish world because of the heavy influence of guarani. Therefore, most of the missionaries here only learn "Paraguayan Spanish". I have been trying to get better and better every day through daily studies and talking a lot, and I can honestly see the difference. We did a visit at night with an inactive member, and since he doesn't pay his light bills we were sitting there in the dark. It was funny because he thought I was Chilean from how I was talking. I am enjoying the language a lot, and even though I don't speak perfect like President Madariaga, its something I find pleasure in.
Keep me and the people of Paraguay in your prayers, we really need it.
Until next week,
Elder Babcock

No comments:

Post a Comment