Sunday, July 10, 2011

Cristian and Nelida's Wedding and Baptism! change 4, complete...

Monday, July 4, 2011

Hello to all-
What a week. First of all, happy 4th of July! It would be fun to eat some burgers and hot dogs and watch some fireworks in hot summer Utah, but I'd still rather be here in Paraguay.
This Saturday we had the wedding of Cristian and his wife Nelida. We ordered a huge, handmade, fancy, expensive cake for it, and it turned out great. After the wedding Cristian was baptized by his older brother. Then on Sunday, he received the Holy Ghost and was confirmed a member of the church, along with being sustained and receiving the Aaronic Priesthood. Then after all the reunions, Cristian baptized his wife Nelida, and completed the family as members. It was such an incredible weekend. Cristian's parents are endowed members, and his mom was crying and kept thanking us for helping complete her family as members. They are such an incredible family, and is another testimony that God is always preparing people, and families, to accept the gospel. They are really special to me, and I can't wait to help them keep preparing, so that I can go with them to the temple in a year from now.
Also, Elder Gaylord left in a special change from Bella Vista, and Elder Sorensen came here. I did a division with him my first night here in Paraguay, about 6 months ago. He is so cool. He is from Holladay Utah, and knows my cousin Collin. He is fluent in guarani, probably the only missionary in our mission, and he goes home in less than a week. He went up and bore his testimony on Sunday, his final Sunday here, in 100 guarani. It was a great spiritual experience. It was cool to see the love that all the people instantly had for him, for being so humble and sharing his thoughts in guarani. People after he was done were going up and bearing there testimony about how cool Elder Sorensen's testimony was. I went up after him, and said, "good morning brothers and sisters, I can testify to you that I am not going to be able to share my testimony in guarani" and everyone liked that haha. It was sad for me to share my testimony too, because it was quite possibly my last Sunday in this area. We are going to receive changes tonight, so we will see what happens.
it has been a great learning change. Thanks for all the support, especially the letters. I have learned more than I can imagine, nor put to words in these last 6 weeks. I love my companion, even though its been a struggle at times. I have a testimony of the power of the gospel, that families can be together forever. I love you guys at home and miss you, but there's nowhere else on earth I'd rather be than Paraguay serving a mission. Keep me, my comp, and the people here in your prayers. Love you all.
Until next week,
-Elder Babcock

No comments:

Post a Comment