Thursday, July 21, 2011

6 Month Mark


I will hit my 6 month mark tomorrow. Isn’t that strange? This has been the longest/shortest 6 months of my life.... The mission is like being in the Twilight Zone. Its your life, but slightly different, and the clock will slowly tick by, but then a week will pass.... I cant explain it but it is wild. I’m trying not to think about time though, because the fact is, I’m still here for quite a while. Thanks for writing me everyone (especially Andrew, 2 weeks in a row!!! I cant believe it, I almost feel like its mom and dad switching off and writing me but putting Andrews name so I dont feel bad... haha.) Thanks for writing me, I love the weekly updates. It’s great to get all your emails and whatnots

This next week we have a double header baptism. It will be crazy to organize but I am excited because they both really want to be baptized. They are both girls. One is named Isla, she is 17 and her mom is a less active, but Isla went to EFY and bore a way strong testimony, and then she came back and we taught her and she is completely ready to go to baptism. She has been really golden. And the others name is Kirsi, she is about 28. She has slight mental problems but has been working really hard to follow the gospel. She has quit smoking and moved out of her boyfriend’s apartment. Her only problem is remembering the lessons, but I am pretty sure she will do great and be baptized.

It has been really crazy this week. We have been running all over town and teaching a lot. It is very tiring, but pretty cool. I have noticed that almost everyday I have been hitting a wall. Either I am frustrated at my Finnish, tired of missionary work, just absolutely bored, or annoyed of my doubts. But it hits me and then it goes away after about an hour... haha. It is really hard to stay positive and happy 100 percent of the time. What are some things that you all have learned about how to avoid this wall? I am trying to scheme up an antidote... so let me know.

Vanhin Gamblin and I are working hard. I have learned a lot from him. Patience for one. Companions are a great way to learn a lot about yourself. But we have sort of found our groove and we are working together a lot better. Next change comes in a few weeks and I have a feeling I will be moved... We will see what happens.

Love you all. Have a good week. Keep holding down the fort.

Vanhin Mergley



No comments:

Post a Comment