Thursday, September 20, 2012

Investigators in Oaxaca

This week was a good first week of the change. Elder Hales and I worked together and also I was with Elder Eldridge for a day. He was in my district in the mtc. It was great to spend time with him and talk about the changes we have made and enjoy the work together. He is really a great guy. As for breaking news this week, there isnt much. The work is going well, and there are people who are ready to hear the gospel. If all goes as planned, Patricia will be baptized this Saturday and Nayeli on the 22nd of September. I believe I already told you about them 2. They have both stopped drinking coffee and are really making an effort to prepare for their baptisms. Its really a beautiful thing to be a part of. This week I was again awakened to how young and undeveloped the church is here. There are many simple things that the church has in Utah that are missing here. However, the work continues to go forth, as prophesied. This coming week will be an exciting one. We have a big family home evening planned for tonight, on Wednesday we have a multi zone conference of missionaries, on Friday we have a Noche Mexicana for the whole stake(Mexican Night celebrating the 16th of September, Mexicos Independence Day. Traditional dances, food, etc.), and Saturday Pati will be baptized. Last night it rained a good amount and today we enjoyed the coolness while washing our clothes. I am loving Juchitan and the people here. Really not much to report. Next week Im sure there will be good pictures and stories to send from the busy week. Also this week I will return to Union Hidalgo, land of the beautiful women as they call it here haha. Know that I love you all. The gospel is true. Take care of yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment