Sunday, June 10, 2012

She adds love not nutmeg!


Hi.

It has been really warm and pretty this week. Today is the first day in a long time where I have actually felt hot. Turku is bloomin and it is really pretty. I will try to take some good pictures.

Did you all hear how Finland beat US at hockey? I’m a hardcore America lover, but I was actually happy that Finland won. Hockey is there thing here and a lot more important to them than to most Americans. But it doesn’t matter to much because Finland lost to Russia in the next round anyway. Dang Russians...

We had Zone Conference this week. It was in Tampere, which is just a little North of Turku. There is actually supposed to be a big rivalry between the two cities, but I don’t really know what about. It was really fun to see everyone. We had every district bring a food dish so that we could judge who had the best salad, and main course and what not, and so me and Elder Hoggard made some way good enchiladas. And by me and Elder Hoggard I mean just elder Hoggard, but still, we ended up winning.  Another thing we did was we played Jeopardy. One of the questions was about our mission President and his wife. The question was what is something Sis Rawlings puts into every one of her recipes. Someone raised their hand and said "NUTMEG!" but it wasn’t right. So, mostly as a joke I shouted "LOVE!" haha and it turned out being the right answer. Everyone was complaining about how it was such a far out answer, but I was just secretly laughing at the fact that I stole the points from the shmuck who said nutmeg... hehe nutmeg, what a thing to say.

We also found 4 new investigators this week which is pretty huge for us. They are all students and also most of them are foreigners. It has been interesting to see the contrast of talking to younger people as compared to older people. The younger generation may have a lot of problems, but they have one thing going for them and that is that they are much more open to new things.

And finally, we had sweet lunch with and investigator from Turkey who is one of the coolest guys ever. He said that the food we ate was pretty authentic Turkish food and I don’t mean food from Turku....)  But it was really good food and fun to talk with him. He is one of the few foreigners who understands our American humor. He said he is coming to church which is another bonus.

Thanks for all your support and love. I really appreciate you all.
Love ya,
Vanhin Merkley




No comments:

Post a Comment