Sunday, December 18, 2011

Baptism of Marilda

Hello to all-
Well I am once again short on time, but things here are great. On Saturday night, we had a baptismal service for Marilda, who is the sister of Miriam . It went perfectly. The Spirit was so strong there in the service. I played the piano and Elder Scovill sang I Know That My Redeemer Lives in Spanish, English, and Guarani (switching off versus). I am really proud of her and the support she has from her family. She received a warm welcome from the members, and a lot of support from members as well at the service. She wanted me to do the baptism, which is always cool to be apart of. She is doing great, along with her awesome family.
Speaking of their awesome family, Pablo and Miriam (recent convert couple) had their 2 daughters come in here to Saltos, so they are finally here! They are the sweetest little girls ever. We are going to start working with them towards baptism as well, they are such a special family. I was playing some prelude music for sacrament meeting on the piano, when they both came up to me with big smiles and handed me 2 big red suckers. I just about died, they are, in every sense of the word, sweet. I was laying in bed and I had an overwhelming feeling of gratitude for being able to be a part of such a prepared family. They have become my second family here.
Speaking of another awesome family, I wanted to share my gratitude for my family at home as well. They have been so supportive, and I am thankful for my Parents, Siblings, Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles, Cousins, everyone!
Sorry for the short awful letter, I promise next week will be better, I had everything out that I wanted to say, and then I left my agenda at the church. Thanks for the love and support, keep us here in your prayers!
Until next week,
Elder Babcock

No comments:

Post a Comment