Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Alex's baptism...

Hello to all!
On Monday night, after doing a night division with our Zone Leader, Elder Payne , Elder Arzate got a call and got special changed out of here, and so we were in a trio for a few days with his companion, Elder Ellis. We had a good division and worked hard, I am going to miss Elder Arzate he was a great friend. On our division, I was laying in bed about to fall asleep, when I hear the other 2 Elders laugh, and I feel a big cockroach climb up my arm. I was from asleep to on my feet on top of my bed in 2 seconds flat, and noticed the cockroach fall down my shirt. For a moment, I thought it might have dropped down the pants, and it really scared me, but I was relieved when I saw it running away on the floor. Man, I am getting sick of cockroaches.
We had a baptism for Alejandro. He had his interview with the District Leader, then we basically spent the day inviting and preparing the service. He needed a special interview with Pres. Madariaga via telephone, and, long story short, after TONS of prayers, running, calling, prayers (i think i mentioned that already but a lot of prayers were said), it all worked out and Alex was baptized. He chose me to do it, and it was incredible to see the leaps his taken in his life to change. He has had a mighty change of heart, you can see it in his eyes, his actions, and his attitude. It was a really special baptismal service for me, and I am thankful for the opportunity to be here and to be here on a mission. It hit me really hard to remember my divine purpose as a missionary- find, teach, baptize, confirm, retain....and LOVE! I love Alex, Elder Finch, President Madariaga, the tiny tiny branch here, and all the support from home. I am learning and growing daily, and am excited to see what the Lord has in store for my future. Keep me and the people here in your prayers.
Until next week,
Elder Babcock

No comments:

Post a Comment