Sunday, December 2, 2012

Turkey Lunch & jalapeno chilies

Well I took your advice yesterday, even though it wasn’t given to me and had to part with my Brown suit… I’m stoked for the kid; he’s getting his mission papers in quick. I’m glad you had a wonderful thanksgiving. Here it was perfect weather, turkey lunch and it really wasn’t too bad. The only thing that made me laugh was that jalapeño chilies were brought out… I passed this occasion.
The highlight of my week was actually last night when we found a recent convert a little depressed, she said more depressed than normal, and we were able to explain the single most important thing that has happened in history, the atonement. I thanked my father in heaven last night for knowing and understanding what the atonement is really about. Testifying is great. It’s really been the best thing as a missionary is testifying and teaching.
This week there was a ward mission activity and a few investigators came. It was the Mexican Revolution and we made treats called Buñuelos... they were delicious, we have a wonderful ward mission leader and it’s great to plan our work with him.
The pics were great and thanks for your help. My comp is doing pretty wonderfully, we had a nice talk last night and we realized that all he needs is confidence in himself. President this week in an interview was telling me my purpose of being with him and it’s definitely a challenge but it’s so far been a nice one.
Have a super week
Elder Rhodes

No comments:

Post a Comment