Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Humbling Week

Well this week has been something special and very different. On Tuesday I went on exchanges with Elder Sorenson my district leader and MTC companion and awesome friend and was able to learn a lot. It was his first exchange as district leader but it went really well. It made me extremely happy to have the support of a companion and the friendship of a "brother in the lord" like Alma and the sons of Mosiah. We have grown so much since our crazy MTC experience and going on exchanges helped me even more to focus on my purpose as a missionary.

Wednesday we had our interviews with the president and his wife. I had an interesting and humbling talk with the president. I have been working and as a companionship we have been working hard, He asked me how I was feeling, I let him know that of course discouraged, but with faith like it says in Preach my gospel, is the hope of a better world, and that the lord will fulfill his part if we fulfill ours. You have to move forward with faith, hope and pure love of Christ. That is what I am here for and what I am sharing with everyone. I know that President Walker has been called of god and I have a great love for him.

Changes are on the 8th but were working hard to be able to have some baptisms before and after, who know who will stay in the area ha-ha. You asked dad about my testimony of the book of Mormon. I really do know that it is true, and that it is the keystone to our religion. I love reading it. That makes the church true and Joseph smith a true prophet. But I would like to share an experience that I had yesterday. I read Doctrine and covenants 132 and you might not want to share this ha-ha with the people that still don’t know that polygamy was being practiced and that Joseph smith had a few wives ha-ha but I really want to share this experience. In my patriarchal blessing it says that I will know that Joseph smith was a prophet. Well I think I shared my experience in the MTC with Joseph Smith, and the feelings I felt when they reenacted the scene of Josephs martyrdom and we sang praise to the man, that was amazing. But there has always been just the slightest doubt, the rock in the shoe, or the crusty booger that bothered me. The fact that Joseph smith had "Received the revelation that he could practice polygamy" and that he was receiving the revelation and commanding Emma that if she didn’t obey that she would be destroyed, I wondered if it came from God. Well I read section 132 and couldn’t let that feeling bother me. So I went to my room and prayed with my scriptures open. Well it’s a short story after thinking about it and trying to hear an answer, nothing happened. I sat up on my bed and continued my reading in Doctrine and Covenants in section 133... 134... and 135... Where the prophet was killed. While I was reading section 135 my eyes filled with tears and I had a warm peaceful feeling about what had happened. I loved the words in one “I am going like a lamb to the slaughter; but I am calm as a summer’s morning; I have a conscience void of offense towards God, and towards all men" I know in my heart that these words were true, that he had a clean conscience and clean hands. I know Joseph Smith was called of God to restore his church on the earth and bring forth the marvelous work of the book of Mormon by God the father and his son Jesus Christ. And I’m proud to be a representative of those two names at this time. I know he lives and always answers our prayers in his time.

Thanks for your support and prayers

No comments:

Post a Comment