Monday, December 20, 2010

Hola a todos...

Monday, December 20, 2010

hola a todos-
This week I passed the hump date of the MTC, so I guess you could say it's all downhill from here! I can't describe how fast time really flies by here, which is good because I am beyond excited to get to Paraguay, but it's also bad because I enjoy it here as well and the knowledge of the gospel and language I have obtained. But overall, I'm definitely more excited to leave.
Tuesday Night Devotional was with Elder Paul B. Pieper of the Seventy. It was excellent he talked all about our agency and our ability we have, as well as our investigators have, which is to make a choice. It was good to hear, because we received a new investigator to teach, who is Edwin's dad, Julio. He is really difficult because he has no desire really to know for himself anything we say is true. It's a great challenge because I know that many of the people I teach will have a hard time obtaining a desire to know more. But I do love the practice.
Yesterday, Sunday the 19th, was my favorite day so far in the MTC. A man named Ted Gibbons did the devotional, where he did a 1 hour monologue to everyone, in first person, about the life and testimony of Willard Richards, and his relationship with the Prophet Joseph Smith and his testimony of him. The Spirit was so strong. After that, we watched the Joseph Smith movie. As a missionary, its a daily battle for your testimony, and this week was particularly difficult. Satan tries to do everything he can to make you feel like missionary work is too hard and that the knowledge and gospel we bring isn't true. Last night was a solid testimony builder for me and helped me more that I can say. I am so thankful for the Prophet Joseph Smith, and all that he went through in this life to establish the work, and to spread the gospel to the world. I don't know if any mortal man has been through what he has, and I respect him so much. Praise to the Man.
I had an excellent study session in the morning, reading in 3 Nephi, where Christ visits the Americas. That whole section is powerful. In the spirit of Christmas, it was fun to read about Christ's birth, in the eyes of Nephi (the 3rd). In the first chapter of 3rd Nephi, Nephi is getting down because some of the signs of Christ's birth had not yet been shown unto the world, like Samuel the Lamanite prophesied before. He prays to God, and the voice of the Lord comes unto him, and basically tells him that the time is near for the birth of Himself (Jesus Christ). This Christmas time, I would challenge you to read in 3 Nephi of the signs of Christ's birth in the Americas, as well as in the New Testament. They compliment each other, and both testify that Jesus is the Christ. It's awesome.
This Christmas, let us remember the Savior, more than ever before. The Savior suffered in Gethsemane and died for our trials, sins, problems, everything. He came to this world for YOU, so that you could return to His presence. I'm so thankful for our Savior, the Redeemer of the world, our brother, and friend. He really is my big brother, and I look up to Him for everything. He suffered for all of us, so that we can be made clean and be happy. Remember Him and keep His atoning sacrifice in your thoughts.
Thanks for all the messages, packages, letters, Christmas cards, and everything!!!
2 Nephi 1:30- Lehi is talking to Zoram and thanks him for being a "true friend" to his sons. I want to thank all my friends out there for their love, support, example, and most importantly friendship. I love them to death and can't say enough about how much you all mean to me. I would not be here without their kindness and loyalty to me, so I wanted to thank them for everything. I love you guys!
Have a Merry Christmas, and remember the Savior's birth, life, and death: all of which was for YOU! Pray for me and the people of Paraguay.
Con Amor-
- Elder Babcock

No comments:

Post a Comment